Martin's South Korea Living!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

TELL ME, WHY AM I TAKING YOGA!

I'm so tired. I was falling asleep at school. My body is sore and my back is killing me. Why? Yoga, that's why.

Today was the 3rd day. Before class the Yoga lady checked my body and said I have "curviture of the spine". She was the teacher I had on Monday. It was the other teacher yesterday who laughed.

Now they've both laughed. It seems my pants came undone while doing this and I didn't notice. So she had to come to me and show me. She thought that was quite funny. I think she shared my situation with the class because they ere laughing too. Oh well, everyone loves a clown.

The foreign women who told me to give it two weeks said today to give it a month. I'm not quitting but I hope it gets easier soon.

When I was at home afterwards I waited for Kelly to call about the health insurance and to let me know she paid and signed me up. I gave up and called her. She said she was "just leaving". I can't say I believed that. I told her I wanted my medicine now. She then said she would call them to make sure I'll get reimbursed and I'll get my health card soon. She says she went to the office to pay the 1st 3 months. I could say here that she should have checked all this out before I arrived, but I won't.

I went to the doctor to get another prescription because the one I had was out of date. No problem. She took my blood pressure (I think it's in the doctor's book of medicines as a must-do). She then did the prescription actually putting the right insulin on it. After I got the presciption I took it to the pharmacy where my former student works. What a bunch of idiots. She kept telling me I wasn't insured and I explained that I'll be reimbursed. Back and forth. I then said, "Tell me yes or no. Will you sell me the drugs"? The pharmacist and her consult and then she says, "you only want 30 of these pills and they come in containers of 100". I told her they could take 30 out and store the rest. However, that was over their heads. They told me to go to a different pharmacy (the one I went to before about 2 minutes from them) to get what I wanted. So I did. I was in there for about 2 minutes, was assured there were no problems and asked to come back tomorrow to pick them up. I know it's a different country, but c'mon people, you're running a business.

Today with my not so bright 4PM class where I'm trying to teach them how to read, I did a "magic trick". Now, I'm not the world's best magician (or even in the top 10 million) but I did a disappearing coin trick. I actually dropped it down the back of my shirt and I don't think anyone was fooled. The kids were lifting up my shirt to have a look which caused them to laugh hysterically because hairy men are strange to them. After a while it fell out of my pants and on the floor. Some kids asked me for the coin. It was a 100 won coin which is about a dime. Of course I couldn't give it to one and ignore the others. But I had a bunch in my bag so I gave each kid money. They were quite surprised and amazed. Nothing like bribing the kids. Actually, they're not the brightest pennies but they're sweet kids.

I've had a new student in my 7PM class this week. What a nice little girl. SHe's bright and interested. After class today I thanked for being in my class. I just let her know that I enjoyed having her as a student. Somehow I get the feeling that a teacher saying that is unusual but there are kids who make the job easy and a pleasure. If you have kids like that, you should tell them.

I can't keep my eyes open and it's not even midnight. Yoga awaits in the morning. So I have to go to sleep until I master the Yoga hours.

1 Comments:

Blogger XXX said...

Stick with the yoga. Before you know it you will not only become accustom to it but you will feel better. :-)

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home