JUST ONE MORE DAY
One day more. Another day, another destiny, this never ending road to Calvary. It’s hard to believe that after what seems like forever, I’m counting down not the days, but the hours. It’s Wednesday at 11PM and my bus leaves on Friday morning at 6:50AM which isn’t quite early enough for me.
I have now been here for 99 days. That’s not long, but in many ways it feels like a lifetime. Even Anne Boylyn lasted 1000 days. You’re supposed to learn something from every experience but I honestly don’t know what I’ve learned. Maybe it was just an experience and not a learning experience. I mean I’ve learned something about Korea and it’s people, but I haven’t learned a lesson. Do I have to?
Today was my last class with the girls I love at 8:30. I was sad. I’ll miss them. I didn’t say anything and I wanted to so badly. All I said is that I really liked them and I wrote down my email address if they ever wanted to write me. Maybe one of them will write but it’s been a real pleasure being with them.
One of the girls just cracks me up. She’s always trying out new words. Today she was calling her friend in the class, an “outcast”. These things just come out of the blue. Of course her going on about being horny will be tough to beat. It’s nice that I feel so strongly about them. I think it would be totally sad if I hadn’t made any attachments.
Every day I complain about the air. It always feels like there is sand in my mouth. Tonight during my rant, a girl said that Gwangyang has the worst air in Korea. I was shocked to hear that because I thought it was Seoul. She said Gwangyang is worse than Seoul because of the factory pollution. I don’t know if she’s right, but I hope she is. I really need to be able to breathe again.
The post office comes in the morning to pick up my boxes. I hope I can get what’s left into one suitcase because if I can’t I’m in big trouble. It seems like I can but I have fears of things I can’t see just popping out and saying, “Pack me, pack me”! I hope my boxes and suitcases make it to Paju. I got the address in English from the agency and put the address on the boxes. If they don’t show up, I’ve got problems.
I went to the bank before school to see if my $145 was transferred. Guess what? It wasn’t. I asked Kelly where it was and she said it would be there today. She says she’s busy because she comes to the school and has to work. She is beneath contempt.
Not much to do except count the hours. I hope Paju is my kind of town.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home