IT’S A GOOD THING I’M ALMOST OUT OF HERE
I think I’ve reached the end of my tether with that imbecile. I can’t believe she runs a school. If it’s in business a year from now, I will be quite surprised. Jack was supposed to meet me at immigration today to do the visa cancellation. The new agency said that only an employee of the school had to go and not the owner. However, I arrived first and immigration told me they wanted the owner there. Maybe it’s run differently in different immigration centers. I’m sure the new agency wouldn’t have said what they did if it wasn’t true where they go. They have a lot of experience in this.
What annoys me is that if Kelly would have called immigration in the first place to see how to go about it, then we would have known up front. But of course that’s not her style. So immigration calls her and lets her know she has to come in. She gets on the phone with me and says she’ll be there in an hour. I go home and then an hour later I go back. She’s there filling out the form. Her cell phone rings and she answers it and begins this lengthy conversation which causes her to lose focus at the task at hand. I came quite close to either start screaming at her, or smashing her head up and down on the desk. I was so tempted. Finally it’s done. The visa is cancelled and I have 15 days to leave the country which is fine. I’ll be on my next visa run by then.
We leave the building and I figure I’ll go to school because I have a class in about 80 minutes so I didn’t want to go home again and then out again. She tells me she has to wait for someone there so she’ll see me later. Thanks for the ride you cow.
I’m sitting in the teacher’s room and the bratty kid who I picked up by the scruff of the neck earlier this week is screaming in the classroom. I really wanted to go in there and throw him out the window. The thought of it gave me great pleasure but naturally I had to stifle it.
Kelly comes in and says what about the tutoring. I explain to her AGAIN that it’s over. The kids are paid up and I don’t owe them anything and they don’t owe me anything. We had this conversation 2 weeks ago. She says the mother is on the phone and wants lessons and that she says I owe them 2 lessons. I tell Kelly that she’s wrong. Kelly says she never got around to telling them I was leaving. Of course not. Why should she. She says she’ll talk to the mother some more.
I’m teaching my 7PM class and the phone rings. It’s the idiot again. “Where are you”, she says. I tell her I’m teaching in class where I’m supposed to be. She says okay I’ll talk to you later. I told the kids it was her so they would maybe catch on that they're dealing with a moron.
After class she says she would like me to just teach the 8:30PM class on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday next week. I say sure even though I don’t want to. I’m trying quite hard to get along. She then goes into this long and convulated speech about how the mothers of the kids I tutored thought I was doing it until July and I was just walking out on them. She also says I owe them 1 class to make up for the 1 class they didn’t show up to without notice and she would like me to tutor them this weekend. I tell her that if you don’t give notice, it counts as a lesson. I told her I’m not tutoring for free (as she said the mother said I owe 2 lessons). I remind her that at the beginning I never made a commitment until July but that seems to have slipped her mind. She then tells me of the classes she has to cancel because I’m leaving and the refund she has to give. According to her even though they received lessons during May, she has to refund all of May. Somehow I don’t believe her, otherwise why should she be asking me to do 3 more classes at 8:30 before canceling that.
She goes on about how we have a responsibility to the children and I wanted to smack her. She has never shown any responsibility. I’m tired of arguing and if she didn’t owe me money I would have walked out. For the sake of peace (and why bother I ask myself), I tell her I’ll give the tutored kids the one lesson free to make up for when they didn’t show, and they should pay for the other one. She tells me that she doesn’t have to call them and tell them because the mother said that they’ve already prepared the envelope (which contains my money). It’s kind of strange how it goes from I owe them two lessons to they are getting my money ready.
If they don’t pay I’ll be charging it to her. She was the one who told me I didn’t have to tutor them anymore 2 weeks ago. I offered to but she said no. Now she says she didn’t even call the mothers. What a fucking idiot. (And I’m being complimentary here). It just never ends. If I didn’t have a new job, I’d just leave the country. I’ve reached my limit. She is without a doubt the stupidest person I’ve ever had to work with.
So only 1 week to go. It will probably drag due to my anticipation of exiting. I did have fun at 5PM today. The kids were playing some sort of Korean game in class (I wasn’t in the mood to teach and it’s Friday) and I played with them. It was quite a bit of fun. I was flattered that they invited me to play. Maybe they didn’t learn any English, but they learned that there are adults that can play with them and have fun with them on their level, and I think that’s a good thing for kids to know.
Going in at 8:30 will be a pain, but it’s made bearable by the warm feelings I have towards these girls. There is one girl who just loves to talk in English. She was going on tonight about how the Japanese are horny. She hates the Japanese (common among Koreans) and says Justin Timberlake is her boyfriend. If only all students were as motivated to learn and speak English as her. I’d love to give her a parting gift but I don’t want to offend the other girls. I’m wondering how I can pull it off. She’s usually there first so I can hope for that, give it to her, and she can put it in her bag. Of course, I don’t have any idea what you buy a 15 year old Korean girl. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. (I wish I had time to run to America because she loves America). I could maybe ask her address and mail her something I could bring back from Texas, but those things usually disappear with time. It’s better to do it immediately.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home