Martin's South Korea Living!

Friday, February 17, 2006

AN AMERICAN BUFFET IN SUCHEON

So I'm standing downstairs at 11:30 waiting for Kelly who assured me she would be here at 11:30 and I always believe what people tell me. At 11:45 she phones to say she was talking to her parents on the phone and she was leaving right then and would be there in 5 minutes. I suppose 5 minutes means 15 minutes in Korea. But all in all just one half hour late. A major improvement!

We went to Sucheon and went into the department store for the "American Buffet". If American buffet means real tables, real chairs, forks, and knifes then it was an American buffet. However, the food looked Korean to me. They did have spaghetti so I had that. I must admit the pineapple and oranges I had for dessert were quite good.

We then went to the English book store to look for books for teaching the children. There are so many. I had no idea what was good and what wasn't. As a native English speaker they all look simple to me. But I admit the titles of the different kinds of grammar are beyond me. My grammar is fairly good, but I don't know what to call it. I just picked some and I hope they are fine.

As the school day wore on she realized that at 8:00PM that I had to be in 2 different classes. She asked me if I would do one of them at 9. Nice guy that I am, I said yes. Now it seems that for the rest of February I'll be working until 10. I'm not thrilled about that, but I will do it for February and if it happens in March I'll speak up. Life is a give and take. In this case I'm giving and trying to help and be a "team" player. It's a far cry from sitting at home working on the computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home