HELLO! IS ANYONE HOME?
Yesterday was Monday and it was back to school. Oh joy! I had the kindergarten kids but I made Miss Moon start the class by getting them to sit. She then left and there was some semblance of organization. I really don't know how to teach little kids English. I suppose I should figure it out.
With my 5 o'clock class, where I'm convinced most of them don't like me, I asked them for suggestions on what to do to make the class interesting. They said they wanted to play Hangman. What the hell, I said sure. It was more fun than I thought it would be. I would pick words from their textbook to use. The kids kept looking in their textbooks to figure out the words but I told them to close their books. One boy kept trying to sneak a peek at his book so I jumped on the desks and started chasing him around the room. Actually it was quite funny and we all had a laugh. I hope this translates into them doing some work in class now and trying to pay attention. I doubt it. But I'll try.
When school finished I found out that my one student and myself were the last ones left in the school. Very nice. Everyone leaves, I don't know how to close up, I have no ride home, and I'm really angry at the rudeness and inconsideration. I called Kelly but there was no answer. The student helped me lock up and showed me where to get a taxi. One of the things that appealed to me about the job was that I was told it was a 10 minute walk to school. However, that's not quite true. It would be more like 40 minutes. What were these people thinking to take off and not say anything to me? I'll tell you. They weren't thinking. Now I have something else to complain about and figure out how to say it nicely. What I really want to say is "you thoughtless so and so".
I signed up for yoga this morning. Jack drove me there so I could see where it is. It really is only about a 7 minute walk so that's good. The classes are 5 days a week and it costs about $40 for the month. But there was no class today as the teacher's kid was sick. Tomorrow should be interesting when I go by myself knowing nothing. I'm actually looking forward to it.
I sometimes feel that I am spending more time working and having no life than I did in Austin. That wasn't the plan. I must stay patient. The next day or two is a big test of how I'll manage. I need some medications and I've given Kelly a list. She passed it to another teacher who works in a pharmacy to see if they are prescription drugs here which I'm sure they are. I asked Kelly what to do if they are prescription. She said I should go to the doctor. Boy, how clever. I reminded her that I didn't speak Korean and maybe the doctor wouldn't speak English. She said we'll talk about it today when we get the official prescription report. I'm sure what will happen is that Jack will take me to the doctor tomorrow to translate. Of course, if she found an English speaking doctor I could go by myself but that would require some planning and forethought. So forget about it.
My attitude changes from so-so to not so good. It better get better. I'm not really having fun, and I want to have fun. Of course when the weather is nicer (which should be soon) I'll get out of the city on some weekends and see things. I'm really not sure how I feel overall and I suppose I try not to think about it too much. I'll wait a little longer and then think about it. Maybe I'm Scarlett O'Hara. "I'll think about it tomorrow, because after all, tomorrow is another day".
Here are some fascinating bathroom pictures to share with you. Notice the spaciousness of it. I really am living in the lap of luxury (if luxury is a midget).



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home