I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M GETTING A COLD
I never get these minor illnesses. If it's not serious and requires surgery or radiation, then I shouldn't have it. Late last night I got a headache, my throat got sore, and my nose started running. No fun.
It's a pain having a washing machine that can only hold 2 days of 1 person's clothes and no dryer. I need to hang my clothes so I have to wait a day for them to dry before moving on to the next load. Four nights away means a lot of washing machine cycles. I'll be caught up tomorrow. How exciting.
In a shocking discovery today, I did apply for my Alien Registration Card and Multiple Entry Visa Update in Gwangyang. Kelly was right. I almost had the big one when I saw it was true. I'll have my alien card on Friday and then I can get my health insurance and open a bank account. I'll also get a driver's license. I'll be a Korean.
I've gotten many different stories on what drugs of mine are available here. Tonight I asked my adult student to find me the definitive answer. She works at a pharmacy. Why it took me so long to make that connection, I have no idea. Oh well. Better late than never.
I was in the Kindergarten class today and made little to no effort to teach. I didn't have the energy or desire. I feel bad for one boy because he's interested. The rest of them can rot in hell. Except maybe JuJu because she's so damn cute I can't stay angry at her.
I gave out homework last night to one of my classes. I just asked for a couple of sentences. I hate giving out homework because these kids have enough to do, but I was asked to give them some at times. Their parents like to see them get homework. Not one kid did it. I told them I wasn't pleased. I told them that I don't like giving them homework because I know they have enough school work but that I had no choice. If they don't do it next time, I'll be making a report. Yes, I'll be a squealer. Their assignment was to write a few sentences on what they wanted to be and what the job they want entails. Since I wasn't happy and knowing that I'm too soft, I made every kid get up in front of the class and give a few sentences orally to the class. Boy, they didn't like that but I think they were shocked I did that. No one talked while the student was doing his little speech for a change. Of course most of them were horrible because they've never spoken to a group in English as far as I know. It then came to me that this was a good idea. I will give them a minute talk to prepare once a week and everyone presents it to the class. So some good came out of my disappointment in them.
On my way home from school tonight Kelly told me she was thinking seriously of doing Yoga. I'm signing up when this cold goes away. I think she was serious. I get the feeling that she's not a happy person. She asked me if I was busy tomorrow because maybe we could have lunch. I told her that was a good idea. We can never talk at school because we're busy. I think we need to talk sometimes and keep the lines of communication open. And it would be good to talk when the purpose of it isn't for me to ask for something. Kelly also said it's a good idea if we got together more outside the school. We'll see what happens. I do want this to work out here in Gwangyang.
My ears are now hurting. It's nice to be complaining about something different for a change. That's all for now. This is a brief one and no pictures. I don't know if that pleases everyone. Maybe my life is settling down. Of course, now that I've wrote that, it will all go to hell.

1 Comments:
Quick recovery.
:-)
Post a Comment
<< Home