I THINK I’LL PASS FOR NOW
I went to the doctor yesterday to follow up on how my blood thinner medication level was. It seems to be jumping around a lot of many months of stability. I take a drug called coumadin which is a blood thinner that all heart surgery patients take for the rest of their lives. Without it you could bleed to death if you’re cut. No thank you. When I was seeing him he asked me how my “shortness of breath” was. I forgot to mention that on my blog. I get winded very easily and it’s not because I’m out of shape. I told him that it still was not good. I walked up 3 flights of stairs yesterday and I could barely make it. Before my previous heart surgery I’d get winded walking from my front door to my mailbox at the end of the driveway. Not normal and not good.
The doctor suggested I have an angiogram which checks out your heart arteries. I’ve had one before and I said it would be no problem. Apparently now I have a choice of 2 methods. One is through a CAT scan and the other is the normal way where they send a camera (I think) up in your body. I’ve had that one and it’s no big deal. The doctor said the old way is a little more accurate as sometimes the CAT scan picks up shadows that distort the view. So, I said I’d do the old way.
However, when I had it years ago it meant about a 1 hour visit to the hospital and that was it; however this time it would require about a 4 day stay in the hospital. Because I’m on this blood thinner, they can’t do the test. They would need to take me off it, put me on another one, monitor me, and test me when I’m ready. Therefore a reasonably healthy person (me) would be stuck in a Korean hospital feeling fine for about 4 days. I would like the more dependable test, but I can’t really miss work for 4 days, but more than that the idea of 4 days surrounded by Koreans by myself in a hospital is too depressing. So I’m having the CAT scan next week. More fun for me!
On Tuesday I had to go to the same kindergarten twice. It was opening ceremonies for the kids and their parents and they introduce the teachers. I guess they wanted to show off the white guy they got. So I had to stand at the front with other teachers, be introduced, step forward, and then bow. No problem. They then gave me the microphone to say a few words. I made a few comments which I’m sure only about 15% (if that many) of the people understood. It was just so weird to be standing in front of all these people who don’t understand what I’m saying and talking to them. The school got wise for the 2nd time we did it. They had another English teacher translate my comments after I made them.
I don’t have a firm schedule yet. I’m told next week things will be normal but I never believe anything Kyle tells me. He did ask me again if I’d work 2 nights until 7PM instead of 6PM and I said no. He asked me why and I said, “because I don’t want to”. I will not go out of my way for him. I’ll do my job and that’s about it. I don’t owe him any favors, nor should he expect any.
On Tuesday night I worked until 10:20. When I got home Saeyoon was here as she wanted to study (her Buddhism stuff) and she asked if she could study here. Of course I said yes. It was kind of nice to come home and have someone here. It was almost a domestic scene. “June, I’m home. Where are Wally and the Beaver”? Things are good between us and seem to get better all the time. Of course, that’s probably a recipe for disaster but I’ll take the good while I have it.
I went out for dinner with So Yung last night. She is my former adult student who is 24 (American age). I really had a nice time with her. She is a sweet young girl. She wants a boyfriend so badly. She’s cute but I have no idea where you meet people. I told her if I was 20 years younger and had hair I could be her boyfriend. She and her friend Gee Hun (who was my student also) want to meet Saeyoon so I told her that one Saturday night the 4 of us could get together at a bar or my place. She sounded pleased with that idea.
I’ve read 12 books since returning from Toronto. I love reading. It will soon be time to buy some more books. I’m always finding something to spend my money on.
My life is boring. It’s so routine. What should I do to shake it up? We shall see.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home