Martin's South Korea Living!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

IS ANYONE OUT THERE?



Greetings from Bucharest, Romania. Does anyone check occasionally to see if I've posted anything? It’s been exactly 6 months since my last post. I’ve been to Romania 3 times and China twice. I’ve done some different things that may be explained later, and I’ve watched a lot of movies. I don’t date every night. In fact, I don’t date. I’m reasonably content and expect things to improve greatly in the next few months.

It’s really not “Martin’s South Korea Living” anymore. I don’t think (never say never) that I will ever see Korea again. There are new lands to conquer but I’ll be in Canada for a couple of years yet. Do I like it there? Not really. I miss the day to day adventure of living in a strange land.

Saeyoon and I are done. She emailed me a couple of weeks ago after a long time. I didn’t want to answer because I didn’t know what to say. So I didn’t answer. Then she phoned me 2 weeks in a row and I didn’t answer. So I figured I better write. So I did. I was pleasant and I’m not bitter. The way I look at it is she missed an opportunity to better her life and try something different. I look back and see that I subjected myself to a little more abuse than I should have. Live and learn.

I could write oodles of stuff I suppose, but I won’t now. You never know who is reading and some information must be filtered. It’s sad that I finally feel that way. But people have expectations of a person and think they know how someone else should live their life. I disagree but I don’t want the hassle of dealing with negative thoughts. Live and let live. It’s not original, but I truly believe it. People should do what they think is best for themselves at a certain time, and others should hope all works out for them.

Yes, I know. I’ve changed. The last few years have been an adventure and it still is and I hope it will remain being so.

By the way, the picture is not from Romania. It's at the Great Wall of China in case you can't tell. And if you couldn't tell, you should go and see it for yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home